repeat of "Welly Telly" with Bill
06/06/2011 01:19 GMT
Posted by lisa
These upcoming shows may be of interest to Goodies fans. It's advisable to check your listings for details & to watch for schedule changes. Let us know if you spot any other shows (this is always appreciated!)
Please note: BBC RADIO SHOWS listed below can be heard online via each station's website (www.bbc.co.uk/radio4 or www.bbc.co.uk/radio4 extra) and
then for a week after broadcast from the BBC iPlayer (aka Listen Again), www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer. Radio shows on the iPlayer should be available for listening worldwide.
* Sat, 11 June - "Welly Telly" with Bill is being repeated on BBC 4 at
23:25. Here's a listing:
The Countryside on Television.
Kate Humble, Bill Oddie, Bill Bryson, John Craven and Clarissa Dickson Wright discuss television's changing relationship - and current obsession - with the countryside. What explains the huge appeal of shows like Countryfile and Lambing Live to an urban audience? Is television helping to bring town and country together, or is the gap getting larger?
The programme remembers the pioneers of Welly Telly, like Phil Drabble, Jack Hargreaves and Hannah Hauxwell, and features archive from The Good Life, All Creatures Great and Small and Last of the Summer Wine.
* Tues-Weds, Jun 7-8: "The Truth about Killer Dinosaurs", a documentary hosted by Bill, is repeated on Eden at 02:00 each day. The show is repeated again on Mon, 13 June - Tues, 14 June at 17:00 each day.
* Mon, 13 June - "What the Dickens?" with Graeme is repeated on Sky Arts 1 at 13:00.
* Sat, 18 June - "Outtake TV" on Watch at 12:00 includes a clip from one of Bill's wildlife appearances.
* Mondays: "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again" (Tim, Graeme, & Bill's 1960's sketch comedy radio series which also starred John Cleese, David Hatch, and Jo Kendall) is repeated on BBC Radio 4 Extra at 08:30 & 19:30.
* Mondays - "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" repeats on RTE Choice at 09:06.
* Wednesdays - 1980's episodes of "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" on BBC Radio 4 Extra at 09:30, repeated the next morning at 01:30.